Your session is about to timeout
You will be automatically logged out in 1 minute.
To remain logged in, move your mouse over this window.
Karate Instructor Shihan Ty Yocham
Figure 1: Shihan Ty Yocham
Advanced martial arts instructor with more than 20 years of continual teaching and training offers individual and group instruction in Okinawan goju-ryu
karate and Ryukyu kobudo (traditional Okinawan weapons).
Rank and Promotion Dates
- North American Vice Representative of the Okinawan Karatedo Gojuryu Shorei-Kai
- Shihan (senior teacher) - Texas Okinawa Goju Karate Federation (TOGKF), Waco, Texas
- Ryukyu Kobudo third degree black belt, 4/14/2007
- Okinawa Hakutsuru (White Crane) Kenpo third degree black belt, 4/13/2007
- Goju Ryu Karate, Shorei-Kai, 6th degree black belt, 9/17/2017
- Goju Ryu Karate fifth degree black belt, 2/23/2008
Ryukyu Kobudo third degree black belt, 4/14/2007
Okinawa Hakutsuru (White Crane) Kenpo third degree black belt, 4/13/2007
- Shihan, 3/21/2010,
Shorei Kai Karate, Tokyo, Japan
Tested into Shorei Kai, which confirmed shihan-level teaching accreditation as well as goju-ryu ranking as fifth degree
black belt. These were the highest ranks that Shorei Kai had ever conferred to a karate-ka upon entering the organization
rather than rising through the ranks.
- Texas Martial Arts Hall of Fame: 1997 Instructor of the Year (inaugural year)
- U.S.A. Martial Arts Hall of Fame: 2007 Instructor of the Year
- Texas Okinawa Goju Karate Federation: Instructor of the Year 1995-2002 (discontinued in 2003)
- Texas Okinawa Goju Karate Federation: School of the Year 1995-2003 (discontinued in 2003)
- Pictured several times in the “Martial Arts of the World” encyclopedia, 2001 edition.
Shihan Yocham has performed well at tournaments in the United States, Japan, Dominican Republic, Panama, Ontario, and British Columbia.
- Shoreikai Tournament, Tokyo, 2013: 2nd Place kata, men’s black belt division
- Shoreikai Tournament, Tokyo, 2010: 1st Place sparring, 3rd Place kata, men’s black belt division
- WFMA Canadian National Championships, 2007: Only competitor to win 1st in kata, 1st in weapons and 1st in sparring.
- International Goodwill Games, Panama, 2005: Part of U.S.A. team, placed in three events and awarded International Goodwill Ambassador Medal of Merit.
- President of the West Austin Lions Club, 1994-present
- Member of New Hope Baptist Church outreach ministry, 2006-present
Contact: 512-751-7950 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org